USC’s leadership is committed to strategically broadening and expanding WiSE’s impact, through a series of initiatives designed to train undergraduate and graduate students for technical and scientific careers in industry. As a charge from USC’s new President, Dr. Carol L. Folt, the expansion of the WiSE program will assist Dr. Folt in bringing to fruition her vision, for creating a diverse and inclusive campus that positively influences the world. Dr. Folt’s vision embraces building communities and provides additional resources for traditionally underserved students. The WiSE Corporate Partners Program serves as a platform for multi-faceted and customizable collaborations between WiSE, faculty, students, alumni and our external partners in industry and academia. WiSE is not only a premier diversity and inclusion program at USC, but it is an opportunity for industry leaders to be at the fore-front of an academic institution’s effort to increase diversity within academia and most importantly the global workforce. Our goals for expanding the mission of WiSE at USC include:
- Increase the number of women in STEM disciplines across campus.
- Develop an environment that enhances the personal and professional development of women.
- Create an inclusive community at USC where female faculty and students in STEM fields are mutually supportive and thrive.
- Provide opportunities and resources for women to develop self-efficacy and leadership skills through a professionalization program.
- Enhance the overall experience of women and facilitate their entry and continued success in academic, industrial and research careers.